Our contact details
Name: Chris Kirton
Address: 9 Home Farm Road, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 1TX
Phone Number: 07932 807829
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
- Personal volunteer skills and willingness (where you have volunteered this information)
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you in respect of the following:
- Membership administration
- Payment of membership subscription
- Payment of donations
- Distribution of newsletters or sightings lists
- Offer of volunteering time
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Provide information to you in the form of newsletters, sightings lists and other relevant updates
- Collate membership information for statistical purposes
- Request support based on volunteer personal skill information that you have provided
We will only pass your data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- you have provided your explicit consent for us to pass data to a named third party; or
- we are required by law to share your data.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us (see contact details above)
- We have a contractual obligation (in relation to membership data).
- We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Your information is held electronically at the address shown above and backed up on the cloud. Any paper records received are scanned before being securely destroyed.
We keep membership-related information for three years after you cease to be a member. We will then dispose your information by deletion.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at 9 Home Farm Road, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 1TX or email email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at 9 Home Farm Road, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 1TX or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk